Category Archives: Visual Studio11
So what’s new in VS11 ?
Visual Studio11 Express for Windows Developer Preview allows you to create different types of applications. Either you are a HTML and Javascrip ninja , C# / VB.Net guru or C++ master, VS11 Express is the IDE you need to create a “ Blow Mind” Metro Style applications .
- Blank Application : comes with default.html page containing a blank body, default.js page and a CSS style sheet.
- Fixed Layout Application: it’s a Blank Application with fixed layout.
- Grid Application: it’s a a “multi page project for navigating multiple layers of content with item details details displayed on dedicated page”. If you are familiar with Windows phone, that would probably look for you like panorama and pivot apps.
- Navigation Application: it’s a Metro Style Application with navigation support.
- Split Application: it’s a “ project for navigating among a master list of items while viewing their details on the same page”
Visual C# / Visual Basic templates:
- Application : blank application
- Class Library: allows you to create class library useful in other Metro Style Applications.
- Unit Test Library
Visual C++ templates:
- WinRT Component DLL : helps you create Metro Style server DLL.
- DirectX Application: allows you to create a blank Metro Style Application using DirectX.
That was a quick Visual Studio11 Express for Developer Preview walkthrough, more details coming in the next posts !