If you are reading this post because you love eating Mango !! Sorry , wrong blog -_-
Mango is the codename for the new Windows Phone and you can call it also Windows Phone 7.1 .
Users have to wait for Mango, Joe Belfiore , Microsoft vice president and director of Windows Phone program Management, said that Mango will be available in fall 2011 and developers will probably get the Mango update in a month ! Yeahhh just another 4 weeks :D
But you can test and explore the new Mango features ! The beta Windows Phone 7.1 developer tools were released on 24 May 2011 and you can download them from here .
Microsoft said that Mango contains about 500 new feature !!!! Let’s see the most important features:
- Windows Live Messenger and Facebook chat integration.
- Twitter , LinkedIn and Viadeo integration in the people hub.
- Outlook tasks support.
- Office 365 support with Skydrive and Sharepoint integration.
- Microsoft Lync support.
- Video uploads to Facebook.
- Support for HTML5 video playback.
- IE9 for Windows Phone.
- 16 new languages supported
and more and more features , i will let you discover them by yourselves.
You probably want to take a look to those links for a better digestion to Mango :
- New API’s in Silverlight for Windows Phone OS 7.1
- What’s new in Silverlight for Windows Phone
- MVVM Light Toolkit patch for WP7 Mango Beta
I hope that was helpful , more to come about Mango :)